Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Let Me..

Introduce you to my little friend.  
 So last year after Thanksgiving one of my Dads workers saw this Turkey just walking around the shop.  Yeah totally random, just taking a walk around downtown chandler.  So he caught it and brought it to me to live with my chickens.  It was so nice it would let you hold it, and the kids loved to pet it. I had my own little petting zoo, but not too long until it went CRAZY!!!
  At first my chickens and the turkey got along pretty good.  Then the Turkey became crazy with having to lay on the chickens eggs, as well as hers.  (I wish i had a picture of the turkeys eggs, they were polka dot!)  We thought thats ok fine you can lay on them, because we wanted more chickens anyway!  So we figured out how long it would take until the Chicks would hatch.
 I was going down to the farm all the time because i didn't want to miss this. So today was the day i went down with the Buelers, (awesome kids i babysat, that have my Chicken Coop!!)  They were so excited, they love my animals!!  We get there and started smelling something really bad.  We get closer to the coop and move the Turkey and this smell got so strong.  We started freaking out, it was the WORST smell ever.  It made all of us sick to our stomachs.  After we calmed down we realized the Turkey ate my baby Chicks :(( It was so sad, i could believe the Turkey would do that. 
So you want to hear what happened to the Turkey??  We let it lose and the neighbor told us a Coyote attacked it, and then his dogs attacked the Coyote.
 
Hope i didn't freak anyone out!! If your looking for a wonderful Video on the true meaning of Thanksgiving go here! Have a great Thanksgiving!! 

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! this KINDA freaked me out! what a welcome to your blog ;) haha I actually enjoyed this story; and don't worry, I'll still come back...
    :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete