Monday, January 31, 2011

Remember Alex Brown

Last night my family and i watched the Extreme Home Makeover Edition.  The family they had on was the most amazing Family ever!  Here is their story: We lost our daughter, Alex Brown, in a single car accident as she drove to what seemed like just another ordinary day of her senior year in high school. Although no other vehicles were involved, Alex was not alone. The cell phone on which she had sent and receive over 10,000 text messages in the weeks preceding her accident was with her. Alex lost her life to texting while driving.  Although Alex is no longer with us, her memory lives. We hope you choose to do the same. Through Alex's memory we hope to educate others about the dangers of texting while driving.  Learn more about Alex go HERE! 

After  watching the show and reading more about the Brown Family i will NEVER text and drive again.  Go here to take the pledge to never text while driving.  It is something so silly that can be totally prevented.  The Brown Family goes to many schools to Inform teenagers about the dangers of texting while driving.  I was thinking what can i do to spreed the word about not texting while driving.  This is what i came up with.  You have 2 ways to choose any of my necklaces. (p.s i making new ones as well!!)

*If you take the pledge(go here)..Leave a comment to tell me 
 
*Also if you make a post about not texting and driving link my post to your post.  You can also link the Remember Alex Brown website!!  Go here!  And then leave me a comment with your url telling me you made a post!

Every 10 comments back=1 winner
20 comments back=2 winners
ect...I'm trying to spreed to word as best as i can!  I hope everyone can take a couple minutes to take the Remember Alex Brown Pledge!!  Thanks 

5 comments:

  1. I pledge, and have pledged. Even though I don't have my license yet I have my permit and I believe that it is SO important not to text and drive.
    Such an inspiring post! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pledged! I will never text and drive.
    By the way, love Extreme Makeover Home Edition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so gonna make my hubby pledge. he doesn't do it often but once is too much, right? those necklaces are so pretty too girl!
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I PLEDGED. this is such a great idea, and it is sooo dangerous. I MUST stop. never again!! great idea girl <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're amazing!! This is such a good idea!! I pledged because I think texting while driving is stupid! Great idea girly!

    ReplyDelete